- We aim to be a school in which every person feels valued, welcomed, challenged and supported.
- We aim for all members of our school community to participate in building a happy, safe and caring environment where all students will achieve their potential.
- We aim to educate, develop and prepare all our pupils, whatever their race, religion, gender, sexuality, age, ability or disability for life in culturally diverse Britain, promoting good relations between different groups.
- Discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, sexuality, age, ability or disability is unacceptable in this school and we will always tackle discrimination.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity, inclusion for all and the celebration of difference and diversity.
- All pupils are unique in their interests, abilities, motivation and learning needs. All have rights and responsibilities.
- The Halifax Academy is committed to the promotion of Modern British Values. There is a heightened degree of awareness towards awareness on democracy, rule of law, equality, liberty, respect, diversity for diversity on all levels. The delivery of this permeates throughout the Academy through the House system and Curriculum in order to prepare our students for life in modern Britain.
In 2014 The Halifax Academy was awarded the SSAT Cultural Diversity Quality Standard, at Gold Level.
The Standard recognises the work undertaken by schools to promote cultural diversity, race equality and opportunities for achievement for all. It assists the school in developing a shared vision and a sense of belonging, regardless of cultural heritage.
The assessment report can be viewed here: The Halifax Academy Assessment Report
In 2014 we embarked on a programme of celebrations for different cultural festivals throughout the year. Groups of students work to highlight the main aspects of a variety of celebrations by delivering assemblies to students and using visual displays to mark each one. We have provided a range of cuisines in the dining room to add to the celebrations.