Teacher of Science
Required as soon as possible, we want to appoint a Teacher of Science who has an excitement and drive for teaching and learning in order to make a difference to student achievement.
You will be joining a good academy with a highly effective and supportive team, where innovation is encouraged and supported.
Being the founding member of the Impact Multi Academy Trust and the only 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale, we can offer excellent development opportunities for all of our staff. We currently have 1047 students learning within the academy, and this will grow to 1420 by 2020 when our primary phase is full.
We are a values driven organisation committed to living out our values of Heart, Mind and Communication and driven by our passion for all-through education and improving social mobility.
- Are committed to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally.
- Are looking for a reflective learning community with a shared desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice
- Are an inspirational teacher who can build positive relationships with students to motivated them to achieve to their potential.
- Have a track record for raising achievement and developing innovative practice
In return we can offer:
- the opportunity to work as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students.
- a ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the academy. Every member of our teaching staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects. Staff are allocated 2 hours dedicated to trio coaching each week.
- opportunities to lead and develop cross phase and multi academy trust wide.
- access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities.
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership
- opportunities to develop your career aspirations though externally accredited programmes
- an Investors In People Gold Academy
- Friday early finish at 12:45pm
- a vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging
For further information please click on the links below:
To apply for the vacancy please complete the academy's application form. We do not accept CV's. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than 9am on Monday 6th February. No late applications will be accepted.
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
|Information for candidates|
|Self Disclosure Form|
|Leadership and Communication Framework|